Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mrs. Crafty

I have been out of work for officially one week and I have to say, I rather enjoyed it. I have a zillion projects that need to be completed, most of which began before I started working for MDA. I didn't realize until now that non-profit work really sucks the life out of a person! So here are some of the things I am going to be working on, let's see how much I can get done this summer:

1. Three separate crochet projects. All of which I intend to be Christmas presents
for someone, although I do not know who yet.

a) Candy Cane blanket, which is done completely in single crochet, therefore very time consuming, but the finished product is so pretty!
Here is what I have so far (you make it on an angle to get the lines to be angular)

Here is what it should look like when finished:


b) Dark Blue Snowflake Blanket. I wrote down on the pattern that it takes me 1 hour to finish 1 snowflake and I have to make about 20 more so I am thinking this will be the first one done.
Here is one of the hexagons I have made:

Here is what it should look like when finished:

c) Light Blue Snowflake Blanket, also done in single crochet and started when was first teaching myself to crochet so the part that I have done so far looks a little odd. I may leave it the way it is, the imperfection may add to its charm.
Here is what I have so far:

And what it should look like when it is finished:


2. Painting the Apartment: Mark and I bought this beautiful earthy/clay color at Lowe's almost a year ago and so far, I have painted 1/2 of the kitchen. That's it. I am procrastinating BIG TIME on this, even though I really want it done. I know the finished product will be worth it, I just have to find the motivation.

3. "Our First Year" Scrapbook: I am scrapbookinng our first year of married life. I know it is incredibly cheesy, I just can't help myself. I have so much scrapbook stuff it is disgusting. I am up to Christmas, so I have some catching up to do.

4. Organizing our Itunes. Yes this is the geekiest thing on the list, but very necessary. Mark and I have separate profiles on the PC so we have 2 different Itunes but those 2 different Itunes get the music and video files from the same location, a shared drive on the computer. Recently, we got a lovely external hard drive where we intend to move all the files because we have over 6,000 songs. The problem is, half the files are not named properly, located in the wrong file, located under the wrong artist name or just plain wrong. I have to go through every file, rename it if it is wrong and get it in the right folder. This could be very annoying considering we have so many songs.

2 comments:

Shea Family said...

Sounds like a busy summer. Just remember to make time to head to the beach!!!!

Colleen said...

How's your list coming along? The blankets are all very cute looking!