Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Surprises, Loss, Changes and Hope

Hey everyone! Miranda here. I know we haven’t posted in a while but so much has been happening, as most of you probably already know. So here is a BIG FAT UPDATE.

First of all, I found out that I was pregnant on April 27th (Mark’s Dad’s Birthday.) We were ecstatic because we weren’t even trying yet. We had planned to start trying that month so we were happy that we were able to conceive so easily. We told our families on Mother’s Day weekend and then took a week-long vacation (which I called our baby-moon) with Sean and Gabbi in the Dominican Republic (more on that later.) One day after we got back, I started bleeding and a few days later the Dr. confirmed that it was a miscarriage. I was 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I wish I could say that I am over it but I am not. When I would hear about this happening to other people, I used to think that it was no big deal and that it would be easy to get over. I guess you don’t really know until it happens to you. We are hoping to try again in a few months and pray that this time, everything will be OK.

Back to our vacation. We had so much fun! Sean and Gabbi are THE BEST vacation partners. We spent our days in the infinity pool or in the ocean and our nights eating yummy dinners. It is so hot in DR that you can’t not be in the water all the time.

More news: The Muscular Dystrophy Association is closing the district office that I work in and eliminating my position. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, Mark and I are saving for our future so it is going to take us longer to purchase a house with a lot less money coming in. On the other hand, working for a non-profit organization in this kind of economy is extremely stressful and I don’t think that kind of stress is good for a woman that wants to be a Mommy. We are going to make the best of it for now. I may take some time and recuperate from the miscarriage, maybe take a class or two and then see what is out there job-wise. I feel like this happened for a reason, and I don’t know what that reason is yet, but my gut tells me it is a good thing.

So you might be asking yourself, where does Hope come in? A lot of people have been calling me and e-mailing telling me how sorry they are about the baby, about my job, etc. It is sort of a non-stop pity-party. I want everyone to know that it is so nice that everyone is worried about me but you don’t have to worry. I have Hope. I know everything will work out in the end for Mark and I because it always has, and I really believe that if you have faith that things will work out, than they will. We have Gatsby to cuddle every night, a miracle considering that he was knocking on death’s door just a few months ago and we have each other. That’s all we need right now. I am thankful.

3 comments:

Shea Family said...

You summed it all up, faith!! Love you, cuz! I hope to get on the island this summer.

Colleen said...

You couldn't have said it any better! Enjoy having the time off. I'm sure you'll wind up being just as busy as if you were working full time!

Amanda Hoyt said...

Hi Miranda!
Found your blog from FacesofLoss.
I also suffered an early loss (at 9.5 weeks) after trying for a while for our second child. It took us 18 months to conceive our first and 13 months to conceive our angel baby. Our hearts are broken (including my 4 year old's) that we will have to wait to see that baby in Heaven someday, but we, as you do, had HOPE that we would be blessed with another miracle baby. It took 6 months after starting to try again to conceive our 3rd. Keep on with having the FAITH and HOPE. You will become a mommy to a baby here on this earth.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda