Sunday, February 7, 2010

Book Review: Whitehorn Woods by Maeve Binchy




When I was young, I read all Maeve Binchy's books. Circle of Friends, Tara Road, Light A Penny Candle, etc. They were all fabulous. Maeve Binchy is from Ireland and writes about the Irish countryside, Irish ways and the relationships of Irish people. Then she sort of fell off my radar. So when I searched Barnes and Noble for books to read and found out she is churning out books again, I decided to try one out.

Whitehorn Woods is a novel but it is comprised of several short stories that sort of intertwine, in a Love Actually sort of way. I liked it. I didn't love it.

Until I read a book that I really like, these reviews are pretty much going to suck.

1 comment:

Shea Family said...

I remember reading some of her books a long time ago. I haven't been back to her in a while. Not quite sure why.

But I also find that when I read and author, it can be very predicting what will happen next. And then I am not as thrilled with the book.

Keep plugging away, it is fun to read your comments and see your progress. You go girl!