Monday, June 28, 2010

Book Review: Nice Girls Do by Sarah Duncan


I came upon this book the way that I discover a lot of books that I end up loving; while browsing the new book section at the Sachem Public Library. When I have nothing to read and I don't have any particular book in mind to pick up, I usually hit the new book section and start browsing. This is where the marketing department at publishing houses becomes an integral part of my reading experience. I usually pick up a book based on two things: what the cover looks like and what the title is. Over the years, I've noticed the cover seems to be the most influential on me. If it is pretty, girly, bright and cute, it's a pretty sure bet I'm going to pick it up. This is exactly what happened with Nice Girls Do.

Basically, the main character is a garden historian and is hired by this rich woman to do research. She meets the gardener of the Estate and also a wealthy businessman wand what we get is a good old soapy love triangle. I don't really want to spoil any of the book because I really liked it and recommend it. It you like chick-lit, you will probably like this book.

No comments: