Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Adventures in Acupuncture



I recently discovered that my health insurance covers acupuncture for fertility purposes so I figured; why not?
So last week I went to the practice that I had tried several years ago for allergies. The Dr. sits you down and goes over why you are there and then tells you what she is going to do. A few things to note:

1. According to the Dr. my meridian is not in balance because of the miscarriage. Yes, a year and a half later. I wasn't sure what that meant but I went with it. It was so calm and quiet in the office and there was some sort of earthy incense burning...how could I not go with it?

2. I was really surprised to learn that after all the needles are put in, you lay there for 45-minutes to an hour. Good thing I had no plans after my first appointment.

3. The Dr. claims that she has a very very high success rate for those doing IUI/IVF. In fact, she said that if at all possible, she asks that patients come in every single day during the week leading up to IUI.

4. Acupuncture is extremely relaxing, the needles don't really hurt and I feel fabulous when I walk out of the office after a treatment.

So I have two standing appointments on Mondays and Wednesdays. We'll see what happens!!


Photobucket

No comments: