Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crafty Projects: Invitations

Since I posted the sugar and spice baby shower invitation, I thought I would post pictures of a few more invitations I've made in the past year.

I made baby shower invitations for my Sister-In-Law's shower at the beginning of the year. They did not find out the sex of the baby before it was born so it had to be unisex and I was really surprised that there were not nearly as many cute images that were unisex at places like Fotolia and istockphoto as there were gender specific ones. I did find one image that I really loved and decided to make it the cover of the invitation:

I printed the image on heavy photo (8.5x11 that I cut down to 6x6 squares) paper then printed the inside of the invitation on white card stock.


Then I punched two holes in the top of both pieces and tied with ribbon. I actually made them with a shiny satin lemongrass ribbon but I never took a picture. I do have a picture of the sample I made for my Mother-In-Law using a ribbon I had around the house:



My next project was invitations for my Grandmother's 75th birthday party. Since I had lots of envelopes left over from making the above baby shower invitations, I decided to make the birthday invitations the same size. Again, I wasn't really good about taking pictures of the finished product so we'll just have to settle for a blurry, low-light photo taken with my iphone:



Next, I made Chris and Kamila's wedding invitations. They were having a low-key Fire Island wedding and wanted their invitation to reflect that.



The main invitation was printed on velum paper and backed with white card stock. Both were hole-punched in the left hand corner and roughly tied with some twine for a rough, beachy feel.

Then in July I made some fun invitations for my Uncle's surprise 50th birthday party:



That's all I've got for now! It's 4 in the morning and I need to get some sleep!





Photobucket

No comments: