Monday, October 18, 2010

I've been sperminated


Yes, I said it. Sperminated. In other words, we did our fourth IUI today. Mark's sperm count post-wash was 17million with 77% motility which are really great numbers for him. The last three IUI's counts were 14 million, 8 million and 8 million so a record month for Mark!! 

We are pretty sure that I am ovulating 4 eggs. I'm really liking the odds this round however I am apprehensive  in getting my hopes up because I hate the bitter disappointment that comes with that hope when the end result is not what I want. A good friend pointed out to me the other day that I will be disappointed no matter what though, so I'm going to err to the side of POSITIVE and hope for the best.

I went to acupuncture right after the IUI and WOW was the treatment different. First off, she put needles in my lower stomach and my feet and toes which she has never done before. The first needles went into my pinkie toes and she warned me that it is very painful but is a direct line to the uterus. She was super surprised when I didn't even flinch. It didn't hurt me at all! She said I have a high pain tolerance. The other difference was that her assistant came into the room several times while I was laying there to put "smoke heat" on the needles in my feet and stomach. I have no idea how they did this because I was very relaxed and keeping my eyes closed but the smell from the smoke was STRONG. My hair still smells like it. I walked out of there feeling great, as usual. 

I came home and took a three hour nap. I am doing everything in my power to make this IUI successful. Please, Think good thoughts for us or pray for us, whatever you are comfortable doing. We need all the help we can get.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Yay and good luck! Saying prayers that everything will be perfect!