Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals


I don't like New Year's resolutions. I NEVER keep them. I do however like to set goals for myself and I think now is an appropriate time to set some new ones. For a long time now, my goal has been to get pregnant. I did everything in my power to reach that goal so...check!

That being said, I have set some new goals for myself and some of them go against my relaxed nature so without further ado, here is the list:

1. Make breakfast and lunch for Mark every weekday. No, I do not want to be Donna Reed, however, my husband sure does work a lot and the poor guy sometimes has no time to eat. He is super picky about breakfast food. He doesn't like anything that is quick (cereal, oatmeal, trail mix bars, etc.) so I am going to pre-make some breakfast stuff for him that he can eat first thing at work. For his lunch, I am going to try to make too much dinner every night that way he can take the leftovers for lunch and he really needs to drink more water so I am going to make sure to fill his water bottle and pack it for him every day. I think he will feel better and have more energy especially on the days that he works late. Plus, we will probably save a ton of money. Buying breakfast and lunch in Brooklyn is super expensive.

2. Get organized. This is a goal that I have been trying to reach for quite some time now. I can never seem to maintain it. I think we are due for a purge of stuff. A lot of stuff. After that I am hoping to break out the label maker, storage bins and get organized. We'll see on this one.

3. Do more yoga. I always feel GREAT after yoga. I definitely do not practice as much as I used to. Now that I am going to birth a baby, I think its time to jump back on the yoga train. I signed up for a prenatal series at a yoga studio close by that starts at the end of January and I have a bunch of yoga dvd's to do at home. 

4. Read more. Don't get me wrong. I do read a lot. I used to read a lot more. I have a giant list of non-fiction books about pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and babies that I need to read. I also have a giant list of fiction books that  have had my interest for a while. I think the key to reading more is less computer time. 

I could think of a million goals that I want to work on but I'm not going to put that kind of pressure on myself so for now, this is it. 
Photobucket

No comments: