Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, I think.

I am not a huge fan of New Year's. In my sentimental mind, we are all just one year older. One year closer to not existing anymore. Morbid, I know, but I have always found New Year's Eve depressing. I never go anywhere for this reason and if I can help it, I go to sleep before the ball drops.

Last New Year's Eve I found especially hard. At the beginning of 2009, I had dubbed it "Our Year" (mine and Mark's.) That didn't work out so well. I did have high hopes for 2010 but I didn't want to hope too much. Hoping all the time and then having your hopes crushed just seems to hurt more than not hoping at all. It seems that in the fourth quarter of 2010, lady luck decided to jump on the M&M train. It was hard to believe it at first but last night, I said to Mark "Happy New Year! We are having a baby this year!" And you know what? I really believe it.

So Happy New Year! I think it's going to be a good one.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Happy New Year! :)