Thursday, February 3, 2011

17 Weeks: Better Late Than Never

Baby's now the size of an onion!
Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.

How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain: -10lbs. at my appointment last week so I am -7 from my pre pregnancy weight which is so funny to me since my tummy feels so big!
Maternity clothes? Yes please
Sleep: My sleeping pattern is so messed up at this point that I have given up trying to fix it.
Best moment this week: Gatsby has taken to laying his head on my swollen belly. My heart melts every time he does it.
Food Cravings/Aversions: I am craving any and all fruit. 
Gender: I think it is a girl. We are finding out on Valentine's day, as long as Love Bug cooperates. Only a little more than a week to go!
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Nothing.
Weekly Wisdom: Try any heartburn remedies that you can because waking up in the middle of the night with your throat on fire is NOT FUN!
Milestones: No flutters since those first ones which or course, made me nervous. I broke out the doppler a few times since then just to check and make sure Love Bug is doing well in there. It is still early...some don't feel anything until 20-22 weeks and I can't wait!



Photobucket

2 comments:

MV said...

You're so cute! I love the new header!

Karen said...

The first flutters are so special, but I think the absolute best is when the hubby can feel those little kicks too! Mike felt Anna sometime around 26 weeks on our anniversary trip to St. Pete Beach. That's when you *really* start to feel the "family" of it all, I think.