Wednesday, February 9, 2011

18 weeks

Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.
How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain: -10lbs. at my appointment last week so I am -7 from my pre pregnancy weight. I have a feeling that I will see a decent gain at my appointment next week.
Maternity clothes? Yes please
Sleep: Crazy sleeping pattern, that's for sure. Plus my butt muscles hurt (ache like I worked out) depending on what side I sleep on so I flip over a million times a night. 
Best moment this week: Love bug kicked me hard the other night. It was so cool!
Food Cravings/Aversions: guacamole (not spicy) 
Gender: I think it is a girl. We are finding out on Valentine's day, as long as Love Bug cooperates. As the anatomy scan approaches, a few people have made comments to me about being excited about finding out the sex and counting down the days to finding out the sex. I appreciate their excitement, I really do and I want to know too...however, my number one priority is Love Bug's health. The sex is the last thing they are looking for at this next ultrasound. There is a laundry list of defects and conditions that could effect the quality of Love Bug's life or determine whether he/she has a life at all that are the reason for this ultrasound. I just wanted to remind everyone what is important here. 
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Nothing.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't eat right before bed!
Milestones: First real kicks on Sunday, February 6th.




Photobucket

1 comment:

Shea Family said...

I remember tossing and turning a lot!!! I called myself the beached whale - flopping around on the bed!