Saturday, February 19, 2011

19 Weeks: It's a Boy!


Baby's now the size of a mango!
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

How far along? 19 weeks
Total weight gain: +7 from where I started.
Maternity clothes? Lord, yes.
Sleep: I wake up a lot, as I've said before, because of aches and pains in my butt/hip area however, I require A LOT of sleep. I could really sleep 12 hours a day and be awake for the other 12.
Best moment this week: Finding out our baby's sex!
Food Cravings/Aversions: I'm loving everything lately.
Gender: It's a boy! We have had our names picked out for a while. Ethan Patrick Lane! There is no familial significance (although I do have a really wonderful Great-Uncle named Patrick.) Mark and I fell in love with the name Ethan. It just seems so US and since the only family name I was considering (My Dad's name Stephen) doesn't really go as a middle name, we picked a middle name that we both like and that we though sounded right. The girl name will go in the vault for possible use at a later date.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Nothing.
Weekly Wisdom: Registering is hard!
Milestones: A healthy anatomy scan was such a wonderful milestone. Also finding out Ethan is a boy.




Photobucket

No comments: