Monday, February 21, 2011

Ethan's Musical Taste

Last night, Mark and I were watching Californication. David Duchovney's daughter on the show played a song that I recognized with her band but I couldn't place it right away because it was a teenage girl singing it and it was acoustic. We realized after a few minutes that is was "I Remember You" by Skid Row. I ran to my itunes to listen to the authentic Skid Row version which has lots of guitars and awesomeness, as any monster ballad does, and discovered *gasp* I do not own that song. What kind of 80's hair band fan doesn't have that song? It was downloaded immediately.

Today, I decided to make a CD of my favorite monster ballads to listen to while I'm cleaning the kitchen in my wall-mounted CD player. Here is the playlist:


I Remember You, Skid Row
Heaven, Warrant
High Enough, Damn Yankees
To Be With You, Mr. Big
When I See You Smile, Bad English
The Flame, Cheap Trick
Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Poison
Is This Love, Whitesnake
Without You, Motley Crue
Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad, Def Leppard
I'll Be There For You, Bon Jovi
What About Love, Heart
The Search Is Over, Survivor
I Want To Know What Love Is, Foreigner


Now, I need to tell you that although I have felt the flutters and a few kicks and punches from Ethan, the movement I can feel is not consistent yet, and the Dr. tells me it could be many weeks until it is. I mostly feel things late at night, not usually in the day. I started washing dishes and listening to my CD and suddenly, the kicking and punching is strong, fierce, and non-stop! I turned the music off for a minute and he stopped. Put it back on and he started again.

I'm not sure what this says about his musical taste. Perhaps he loves the monster ballads, just like his Mom and Dad do. Maybe he hates it with a fiery passion and prefers the lyrical hip-hop stylings of Notorious B.I.G.? I'm not sure yet. It may sound like Charlie Brown's teacher is singing to him no matter what I'm blasting out my speakers. I just found his strong reaction today hilarious and wanted to share.

Here's some 80's goodness for you monster ballad lovers. Sebastian Bach is so pretty. His hair is awesome!:



Photobucket

1 comment:

Shea Family said...

There have been studies done about music with a child in womb!!!