Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Baby Macgyver



Oh boy, I am in for it with this kid. I better stock up on the hair dye now, because I am for sure going to go gray, and fast. Here is what happened today:

Ethan fell asleep nursing around 10:30am, which is when he usually takes his morning nap. Like almost every day, I put him in his swing, buckled the 5 point harness and jumped in the shower. At some point, I heard him making some noises, but he wasn't crying so I just hurried up and finished washing.

As I was getting out of the shower, I heard Gatsby's bowls, which are in my kitchen, clanking which isn't odd because Gatsby is always shoving his face in his food and water bowls since he has a smush face. Imagine my shock when I walk into the kitchen and find Ethan, drenched from head to toe, with his hands in Gatsby's water bowl. I was so shocked that I couldn't even react. I just stared at him in disbelief as these realizations hit me:

1) Ethan not only got out of the 5 point harness of his swing but FELL out of his swing.

2) He could potentially be hurt and this may be an emergency situation.

3) If Gatsby had not eaten all the food in his bowl, Ethan would have put in his mouth and probably choked and died.

4) The swing is done. He has officially outgrown it. Damn.

After I got over my few seconds of shock, I got Ethan on the changing table and checked him from head to toe and changed his clothes. Not a scratch on him. How is that possible?

Mommy needs a stiff drink.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Shea Family said...

I remember lots of those type moments. Sorry to say that there will be many more times you are shaking your head in disbelief that he is not injured. Glad he was okay.