Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bye Bye Gallbladder or Mommy Gets 8 Straight Hours

So last Wednesday, I had my gallbladder taken out. It was nothing urgent...in fact, the Dr. told me I could wait years if I wasn't having any pain but since the gall stones were there because of pregnancy/pregnancy hormones, I decided to just get it done, in case I were to get pregnant again (which by the way is NOT going to happen, in case you were wondering. I'm still breastfeeding and we are not by any means trying.)

Anesthesia is the most awesome stuff ever, as well as pain killers. My only gripe is there was a mix up with the order the Dr. wrote for my pain medication post surgery and the nurses had me waiting almost an hour for it to be fixed. I was in a LOT of pain. Once they finally gave me my 2 little pills though, I was all better!

I am not allowed to lift anything for 10 days so Mark is off for a week and a half to do all the lifting of Ethan. The night/day following surgery, I slept. Then I slept. Then I slept and slept and slept. It was glorious. Of course, I was doped up on pain meds, but still, it felt like old times.

And when I woke up from my drug-sleep haze, Ethan was walking. Like taking steps without holding on to anything walking.

Life is good right now.
Photobucket

No comments: